Directions to Harbor Knoll
From Manhattan and Western Long Island
Travel time from Manhattan: 2 hours.
- By car, take the Long Island Expressway (I-495) to exit 73 (last exit). Follow signs for Country Road 58 East to Greenport/Orient Point, which turns into Route 25. Stay on Route 25 East for 25 miles, following signs for Orient/Greenport. In Greenport, take a right on Fourth Street, crossing the railroad tracks to the first private road on the left. Take a left on the private road (you will see two post lights on either side of the road and a sign for "Miller"). Go down private road to Harbor Knoll (large white house on water with while picket fence around it).
- By train, take the Long Island Railroad to Greenport, follow directions as above from the railroad crossing/station. For schedule, call (631) 231-5477 or visit http://www.mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/3.htm.
- By bus, take the Sunrise Express Bus to Greenport, follow directions as above from railroad crossing/station (which is also where the bus arrives). For schedule, call (631) 477-1200 or (800) 527-7709.
From Connecticut via New London Ferry Dock (Cross Sound Ferry Service)
Travel time from New London, CT ferry to Orient Point, Long Island:
40 minutes on Sea Jet.
80 minutes on Ferry.
- For Ferry schedule, visit www.longislandferry.com or call from CT: (860) 443-5281, from Long Island: (631) 323-2525.
From Orient Point
Travel time to Harbor Knoll: 15 minutes.
- Follow signs to Greenport. At T-Junction in center of village make a right onto Front Street. Continue until 4th Street, make a left, cross railroad tracks and take first private road on left. Look for driveway with posts lights and a sign "Miller". Go down private road to Harbor Knoll (large white house on right, on water with white picket fence).
From the South Fork of Long Island
- South Ferry Inc. provides service from the South Fork (the Hamptons) to Greenport. For a schedule, visit www.pagelinx.com/sisferry/ind.htm or call (516) 749-1200.
- North Ferry Inc. provides service from Shelter Island to Greenport. For a schedule, visit www.pagelinx.com/sinferry/ or call (516) 749-0139.